Library Collection – Perodicals

The Veterinarian

The Veterinarian periodical was established in 1828, and continued for 75 volumes until 1902. Launched by William Percivall, who was soon joined by William Youatt. Following Percivall’s death The Veterinarian was purchased by William J T Morton and James Beart Simonds, both on the staff of the London Veterinary College. It ceased publication in 1902 when it was absorbed into the Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics. The periodical contains a wide variety of articles discussing veterinary practice, literature reviews, case studies and correspondence about the veterinary profession.