Smith writes to thank Bullock for a list of works by Bracken[?]. He mentions that Bullock is about to go on leave from work, and discusses visiting the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons to view sources whilst he is away.
Bullock writes regarding a translation of Latin, and correcting proofs for Smith and Dr Bradley. Attached are a brief manuscript note of Latin text, and its English translation, regarding Lafosse and trepanning.
Smith writes about various subjects including: correcting proofs; John Ray’s ‘Synopsis of Quadrupeds’; consulting material at the British Museum; ‘sive-bone’ or ‘side-bone’ in the hoof.
Bullock writes regarding sources found at the Library of the Royal College of Surgeons, and potential visit to the Royal College of Physicians.
- About Us
- Accessing Information Policy
- Archive Collections
- Bracy Clark Pamphlets
- Cookie Declaration
- EM – The Illustrated Horse Doctor
- EM – The Illustrated Horse Management
- Farrier & Naturalist
- FS – Correspondence between Smith and members of the Bullock family
- FS – Correspondence between Smith and other individuals
- FS – Working Papers
- Historical Book Collection
- How To
- Library Collections
- Quarterly Journal of Veterinary Science in India
- Subscribe to our notifications
- The Veterinarian (vol 1-25)
- The Veterinarian (vol 26- )
The Alborada Trust is a charitable trust founded in 2001. Its aims are the funding of medical and veterinary causes, research and education – and the relief of poverty and human and animal suffering, sickness and ill-health. Charity Registration No 1091660
Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Trust (trading as RCVS Knowledge) is a registered Charity No. 230886. Registered as a Company limited by guarantee in England and Wales No. 598443.
Registered Office: Belgravia House 62-64 Horseferry Road London SW1P 2AF
Connect with Us
We would be glad to answer any of your inquiries: